Monday, April 1, 2013

So you got a negative review

I've been actively pounding the pavement, spreading the word about my novel, THE TRIP. It's been almost three months since I released the novel, and reviews are just now beginning to flow in on blogs.

The results are - well, mixed. The reviews on Amazon.com have been overwhelmingly positive for the most part.

A couple of the reviews on blog sites haven't been so positive, though I do have to say while I'm not being bashed, the reviews are more lukewarm. Not as good as I'd hoped, but they could have been worse.

I think part of this is the fact I wrote this as a young adult novel, and I wasn't going for the hardcore horror fan. I was trying to do something different - a thinking person's zombie novel, if you will. While positive reviews would make me feel good, I still think there's value in a not-so-shining review.

It gives me something to think about while I plan the sequel. I can apply what I've learned from these reviews and put it into the new novel. And every review is another page where my book is listed, with eyeballs hitting it and potential sales.

I'll take a less than stellar review over no review any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment